CRYSTAL THOMAS FEATURING CHUCK RAINEY AND LUCKY PETERSON『It's The Blues Funk!』LP
Price: ¥3,600 + tax
★complete first-run limited edition production
The best female singer with the power and potential to sing the blues today, Crystal Thomas, with Chuck Rainey (bass) and Lucky Petersen (Hammond B3) in session!Selected analogue vinyl numbers from the upcoming CD album, to be released on 24 July on Space Age, are now available on LP!It’s the Blues Funk!
● It is the funk beat that makes the blues giddy and excited. Let's call it blues funk. To funk up Crystal Thomas, arguably the best female singer with the power and potential to sing the blues today, the most important bluesman of our time, Lucky Petersen, on Hammond B3 organ and piano, and Chuck Rainey, the greatest soul/funk bass player in a long time. The session was accompanied by singing (on his beloved 1961 Fender Precision Bass, one of his earliest instruments), and the bottom was firmly supported. The CD album will be released on 24 July on the Space Age label, and a selection of the numbers for analogue vinyl will be presented on LP. A special LP record is born to savour the blues as groove music.
● Guitars and drums are played by the beat-seeking brother duo Johnny Moeller (g) and Jayson Moeller (ds), who were also members of the Texas soulful Fabulous Thunderbirds.
● Crystal Thomas, now 42 years old and active in the black music scene in the Louisiana-Texas area, gained recognition with her 2017 Texas-recorded collaborative album with Japan's leading hard-driving blues - swing band, Bloodest Saxophone, " Bloodest Saxophone feat. Texas Ladies" (out now on Space Age), which has been released in the US/Europe to rave reviews in various media.
●Crystal Thomas had a surprising career: she was also the trombonist for the late Johnny Taylor, the singer who was the king of soul. She showed off her skills on the groovy funk instrumental 'The Blues Funk', and bravely took on Lucky Petersen's B3.
●Recorded by Kitchen Studio, Dallas, Texas, April 2019. Produced by Eddie Stout of that Dial Tone Records.
- SIDE A:
- 1. Can't You See What You're Doing To Me
- 2. Baby Don't Leave Me
- 3. It'll All Be Over
- 4. No Cure For The Blues
- 5. Let's Go Get Stoned
- SIDE B:
- 1. I Don't Worry Myself
- 2. Take Yo' Praise
- 3. The Blues Funk
- 4. I'm A Fool For You Baby
- 5. One Good Man