Price: 2,500 yen + tax
The latest remastering reissue of the late masterpiece "symbol" in the world of beauty pursued by the solitary electronic musician Susumu Yokota!
"I've never made a work while having fun, either by flying it or making it with tears," Yokota told me in an interview at Ikejiri in late 1997.There is no doubt that "symbol" is a work made with tears, if you ask him as a person who interviewed him several times.──Tsutomu Noda（ele-king）
※From liner notes
Just as Pitchfork once said why Japanese people value Radiohead and not Susumu Yokota, Susumu Yokota is so highly regarded overseas that a retrospective exhibition is held in London.A beautiful electronic music masterpiece made in his short life is reissued here.His 30th album, "symbol", the 8th from his label "Skintone", was released on October 27, 2004."I made it with symbolism in mind," he said in an interview at the time, but it can be said that his aesthetics are summarized here."When I think about it, what I came up with was symbolist. Spirits, angels, souls, etc. were always themes within me."Yokota said at the time.While cutting up fragments of classical music, a problematic work that depicts the beauty he pursues ── remastered, its charm is finally released to the world!
- 1. long long silk bridge
- 2. purple rose minuet
- 3. traveler in the wonderland
- 4. song of the sleeping forest
- 5. the plateau which the zephyr of flora occupies
- 6. fairy dance of twinkle and shadow
- 7. flaming love and destiny
- 8. the dying black swan
- 9. blue sky and yellow sunflower
- 10. capriccio and the innovative composer
- 11. i close the door upon myself.
- 12. symbol of life, love, and aesthetics
- 13. music from the lake surface